Thursday, November 03, 2005

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!

first and foremost, thank you to my friend miteymite for doing my crazy meme. sorry it took me a while to acknowledge you, but girl, we been flu crazed over here. :( loved your answers!!!

Well well well!!! if ya'all are not yet prepared for the flu season.... get ready! it is a killer this year! first of all, my kids have been battling the flu for the last month... honest engine! they get rid of it, and damn if they dont catch it again! so i was a little freaked out when on HALLOWEEN of all days, they came down with it again, then it was my turn, so (boohoo) all of us pukin sick on halloween. nobody went trick or treating. so sad. so im sorry , i have no more pumpkin pics to share, because all my pumpkins are still sitting outside, sadly neglected because we were all sick. man that bites!!!!
so i was watching the news yesterday, i dunno, cnn i think. but what i saw was atrocious! the strain of this avian flu... they had it under a microscope compared to the strain of flu that humans are fighting right now, it is eerily similar... like i mean reallllllly close to the same. THEN as if that wasnt scary enough, they compared those two strains... to the flu strain of 1918 that killed millions... oh my....you really should check it out, scary, really scary how much they were the same. ok so usually , at least when i was a kid we wouyld only catch the flu once a year, and i shit you not, my kids have been battling it over and over all month long, now we are in november, and its only getting colder .... what the hell do i do to keep them from this flu? vitamins? check! Tang..lil extra vit c?? check! good food, lots of nutrition??? check!!! HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP! any good suggestions will be appreciated.
ok well, I am off to go do some dishes.....fun fun! anyone want to come do them for me? haha. hope your week is going great!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mitey Mite said...

Ohhhh, poor baby. Iknow exactly what it's like having sick kids who keep getting sick over and over and then you get it, too. I never did find a way to prevent it, either.

Now I promise you I don't sell this stuff or own stock in the company or anything, but if it's the runny nose and coughing kind of flu, you might want to try Sino-Fresh. ($13.62 at Wal-Mart.) It's an antiseptic nasal spray and since I've been using it I have not had a single sinus infection -- and I used to get them constantly. Can't hurt, might help, worth a try. It just gets rid of the bacteria in the nose.

I hate to sound like spam, but I really love this stuff!

Take care of yourself.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Miche said...

LMAO

You know one of these days we need to get together and have a nice chat over some good Oolong tea.

I had the flu a bit ago, drank my tea and felt better. I think since everyone's been so sick lately it's time for an anti-bacterial overhaul of your home. No cranny left un-sanitized. Although, I think you might have already done that =)

Good luck!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home