Friday, November 04, 2005

book time!

Good morning bloggypals. :) I hope you are feeling wonderful today. Today is book day.... rules are as follows:
1. Go to page 362 of the current book you are reading.
2. Read paragraph 3 of this page, even if you haven't yet gotten there.
3. Post in my comments the name of the book, the author, and the paragraph on that page.
4. Feel free to take this silly little fun ditty to your blog and choose your own page and paragraph, it's always fun to read a tiny bit of someone else's book, i have found a few good books to read by doing this on my blog.

OK, I am currently reading 2nd Chance, James Patterson
pg. 362, paragraph 3 reads as follows:
Rusty Coombs flicked off the elevator power switch, freezing the doors open. Then he slung the black nylon duffel bag he was carrying onto the floor and leaned against the concrete wall, his back to one of the eight barred windows. He opened the bag, removing his disassembled PSG-1, the sniper's scope, and two additional pistols, along with clips of ammunition.
Holy cow, my book seems like its going to get really good, I am only on page 238. well folks, i must be going, got a lot of things to do today. I just thought maybe I should post something different, it's been a while since I did my book thing! take it easy.............

3 Comments:

Blogger Mitey Mite said...

Gettysburg, by Newt Gingrich & William Forstchen. (The South wins --- how could I resist?)

"Union infantry directly in front of where the two stood were half-heartedly digging in, their officers not pressing them too hard. They had, after all, marched nearly twently miles, gone into a failed assault, and were suffering now in the early evening heat. They knew, as well, that short of some insane miracle, the Rebs would not be so courteous as to attack, so the digging in struck many as busywork without purpose or profit."

Longest paragraph on the page, too!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Miche said...

Shogun by James Clavell - I'm on volume two which starts at 532 so I added them together and came up with page 899 - and paragraph three is a long one...

They laughed at his ingenuousness. Mariko said proudly in Japanese, "Anjin-san, this is my son, Saruji." Blathorne had been concentrating on their conversation, most of which was too fast and too vernacular for him to comprehend. But he heard "Kiyama," and an alarm went off. Hw bowed to Saruji and the bow was formally returned. "He's a very fine man, neh? Lucky have such a fine son, Mariko-sama." His veiled eyes were looking at the youth's right hand. It was permanently twisted. Then he remembered that once Mariko had told him her son's birth hand been prolonged and difficult. Poor lad, he thought. How can he use a sword? He took his eyes away. No one had noticed the direction of his glance except Saruji. He saw embarrassment and pain in the youth's face.


Remember one of my screen names - Mariko. That's where I got it from =)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Miche said...

Oh, by the way, I don't mind if you add me to your blogroll or even print up a shirt with my URL on it.

The more the merrier. Feel free to Spread Thought however you choose.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home